We inspect the building and the site, starting from the perimeter fencing and working inwards, looking for faults and defects that could impact upon your purchase decision and cost money now or in the future.
Much cannot be seen, but experience tells us where faults may lie or have been covered up.
The building inspection is non-destructive and great care is taken to avoid any damage to the property or disturbance to owners' effects.
Your inspector can show you the main issues, right there, on site. Ask questions.
If you cannot attend the site, the inspector will phone you instead.
The quality of the summary is vital when time is short - for example if the cooling-off period is about to end or an auction is soon.
Our reports are professionally-designed with defects photographed and each accompanied by relevant notes and advice. Our reports are easy to understand and navigate, with a table of contents and a one-page summary (a great tool for negotiations) where the discovered defects are summarised into these 3 categories: 1 - urgent items, 2- costly items, 3- maintenance items for the future.
We carry out a thorough visual inspection of all accessible areas inside and outside the building and over the site up to 30 metres from the main building. This includes fences, drainage, walls, roofspace and underfloor areas.
Where reasonable access is available to the inspector, our Building and Pest Inspections cover all the items in the list below.
A Structural Inspection will deal only with those items which are affecting the building’s structure now or are expected to in the future.
Experienced, licensed, qualified
As an Architect, our inspector holds the highest professional building qualification. But he also spent many years on-the-tools actually making things, building and renovating. Professional Indemnity and public liability insured. Licensed builder from 1983 then registered Architect from 2002.
Send us the street address or web link to your building and we’ll look it up then call you back. Or phone now – DIRECT TO THE INSPECTOR
• Fences• Retaining walls • Site surface drainage • Paving & driveway • Trees • Garages, sheds, carports • Pool fence • Water features • Garden taps
• Walls • Windows + screens • Gutters • Roofing + chimneys • Stormwater • Salt damp • Eaves + porches • Pergolas
• Smoke alarms • Floor Structure • Floor• Walls • Ceilings • Doors • Access • Windows • Natural Light • Natural Ventilation • Cupboards, cabinets, wardrobes • Dampness • Electrical
• Kitchen cabinets + benches • Stove • Oven • Sink • Water pressure • Waste • Exhaust • Disposer • Dishwasher • Trough • Washing machine taps • Shower • Bath • Basin • Toilet cistern, seat, pan
• Balustrades • Structure • Safety
• Frame • Lining • Insulation • Leaks • Services • Access
• Stumps/Piers • Walls • Framing • Floor • Services • Access • Ventilation • Damp • Ant Caps
• Meter box • Switchboard • Overhead power cables • Power points & switches
• Damage • Current activity • Previous treatments • Conducive conditions
• Clothes line • Letterbox • TV antenna • Phone, alarm, intercom
• hot water system • heating + cooling